David J Turner
|Title||Assistant Director, Project Management Group, |
Applications & Project Management, ITS
|Division||Information Technology Services|
|Department||Information Technology Services, |
ITS-Applications and Project Management
|Web Site|| ITS Home Page|
Project Management Service Page
Web Services Page
|Office||2300 Delaware, Room B1-05|
|Office Hours||Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm|
|Campus Mail Stop||ITS Delaware|
|2300 Delaware Ave|
Santa Cruz, CA
Biography, Education and Training
A California native, I received my degrees in Political Science and American History. This background proved surprisingly useful as I began my career at UCSC managing the archives for the Physical Planning and Construction department.
I naturally transitioned into information technology in the process of modernizing the Records Department at PP&C, developing databases, server storage, and digital scanning and archival processes.
In 2006, I moved to the Project Management Group of ITS. Here, I have moved through a number of key focus areas, including divisional strategic planning, assessment, governance design and support, project management leadership, and most recently, service management in the area of campus web services.
I currently manage the Project Management Group in ITS / Applications & Project Management. We support the divisional project management methodology, manage key projects for the division, and provide service management for select services.
Honors, Awards and Grants
- Graduate, UCSC Leadership Academy (2008)
- Recipient UCSC Staff Recognition & Development Program acknowledgement (2008)
- Graduate, EDUCAUSE Institute Management Program (2007)
- http://its.ucsc.edu/project-management/docs/brown-bag-docs/20100928-pmbb-project-documentation.pdf Keeping Cool with Project Documentation (2010)
- http://its.ucsc.edu/project-management/docs/brown-bag-docs/pm-bb-pm-resources-fingertips.pdf Planning for Pitfalls: Project Risks and Issues (2010)
- http://its.ucsc.edu/project-management/docs/brown-bag-docs/pm-bb-controlling-project-scope.pdf Controlling Your Project Scope: Managing Creeps and Documenting Change (2010)
- http://its.ucsc.edu/project-management/docs/brown-bag-docs/pm-bb-managing-your-sponsor.pdf Managing Your Sponsor (2009)
- https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7MfSlyjTCyDYWRkYWI5NjYtNGQzNy00OTc1LWFiNzItYjY4NTkyYjg0MThl&hl=en&authkey=COeO3D8 UCSC Web Presence and Services Program: At a Glance (2008)
- https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7MfSlyjTCyDOTIxMGRjNTMtODVlMy00YTlkLTk1ZWQtYmUxNTc0ZjM4NjU4&hl=en&authkey=CNnSv_kC Engineering the Priorities Train (2007)