Enterprise File Services
On This Page
Enterprise File Services provides a "share" on a file server that can be used to store and share files among multiple computers and users.
- File Backups — Data files are backed up nightly. Backups are securely rotated off site through Iron Mountain.
- File Security — Files are protected by Active Directory.
- Physical Security — Files are stored on servers located in the UCSC Data Center.
- Remote Access — Files are available from off campus using the Campus VPN Service.
- Clients can restore their own files in the event of accidental change or deletion. More information on restoring files.
- If your computer is managed through ITS Managed Computer Support, individual and departmental shares are usually automatically mapped to your desktop. Mac users can use SMB to connect to Enterprise File Services. How to map EFS Shares.
This is a 24x7 service supported by the DCO Windows team. Escalation is provided through Data Center Operations and the Windows on-call rotation.
Enterprise File Services are appropriate for confidential and most types of restricted data (as defined here).
Enterprise File Services are available to all UCSC faculty and staff, and to students with a faculty or staff sponsor.
Enterprise File Services are provided free of charge.
Enterprise File Services are provisioned on request through the ITS Support Center.
Note:This service is also offered by Academic Divisional Computing and can be found here.