UCSC Email Size & Storage Limits
UCSC Email for faculty, staff, and students is powered by Google. To keep the system healthy and your account safe, all Google accounts limit the amount of email and size of messages you can send. The limits restrict the number of messages sent per day and number of recipients per message, the size of a message sent and received, and total email storage.
The following limits apply for UCSC Google Email. The value of these limits may change without notice in order to protect Google’s infrastructure.
- Google Email Sending Limits - - More Information about Sending Limits
- Options for sending email to large number of recipients (PDF)
- Google Email Message and Attachment Limits
- Google Email Storage Limits
- Google Email Bandwidth Limits
- Google Email Best Practices
You can avoid having problems with your email storage by performing some simple email housekeeping. Folders/labels that should be cleared of stored email on a regular basis are your Spam Folder, Trash Can Folder, and your Sent Mail Folder. In addition, you will want to delete any email that you no longer need from your inbox or from folders you have created.