Email Size Limits & Storage
UCSC Email for faculty, staff, and students is powered by Google. To keep the system healthy and your account safe, all email accounts have limits. The limits restrict the number of messages sent per day and number of recipients per message, and the size of a message sent and received. Email storage is unlimited.
Here is more information about the limits applied to each UCSC email account. The value of these limits may change without notice in order to protect Google’s infrastructure.
- Google Email Sending Limits - - More Information about Sending Limits
- Google Email Message and Attachment Limits
- Google Email Bandwidth Limits
- Google Email Best Practices
Even though Google gives UCSC unlimited email storage, you should still follow these simple email housekeeping guidelines:
- Folders/labels should be cleared of stored email on a regular basis, especially in your Spam Folder, Trash Can Folder, and your Sent Mail Folder.
- Delete any email that you no longer need from your inbox or from folders you have created.