Google Email Migration Information
Migrating the UCSC email and calendar systems to Google will happen in two phases.
- Faculty and staff UCSC email accounts moved to Google on Sunday, Nov, 13, 2011.
- The calendar system, CruzTime, will move to Google during spring quarter 2012.
- Your UCSC email address (email@example.com) remained the same.
- Faculty and staff can access their UCSC email account via Google on any computer at any time at http://email.ucsc.edu.
- Faculty and staff login to their UCSC Google email with their CruzID and Blue password. If you do not know your CruzID Blue password, please follow these instructions: Changing your Blue Password or contact the ITS Support Center.
Email Client and Mobile Devices
- Faculty and staff can continue using their current email client (Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Outlook) and mobile devices, but the settings need to be changed to point to the Google "Gmail" server. Email Client & Mobile Device Settings
Email-related services that will continue being supported after CruzMail email moves to Google:
- Mailman mailing lists (user-managed mailing lists)
- Broadcast mailing system (lists used by University Relations for bulk mailings)
- Massmail (bulk mailing services used by approved users and applications)
- Moira/Listmaint mailing lists, aliases, forwarders, and other Moira accounts
- Email-only accounts (shared email accounts), to be moved to Google in the near future
- smtp.ucsc.edu (used by applications to do email)