Learning Technology Committee
The Learning Technology Committee (LTC) looks at how IT can support learning and teaching at UCSC. This committee discusses learning models including hybrid and distance delivery and other innovative approaches. They consider how instructors can use technology to make teaching more effective for teachers and learners, including in the classroom, labs and on the web. LTC creates initiatives that address needed improvements and additions to the technologies available to instructors and students in the learning environment.
Areas of focus include:
- Identify issues related to pedagogy, learning outcomes, and instructor support associated with instructional technology.
- Investigate strategies for incorporating new learning models, including hybrid and distance delivery, and innovative instructional approaches.
- Review and make recommendations regarding service delivery levels and priorities from Media Services and Instructional Computing, including selection of course management systems and related software.
- Recommend standards, policies, and resource requirements for instructional space design, including classrooms and labs, as they relate to overall instructional goals and strategies.
- Recommend standards and policies for computing and media equipment as they relate to overall instructional goals and strategies.
James Bierman, Professor, Theatre Arts
Scotty Brookie, IT Director, Arts
Christine Caldwell, Science Librarian, University Library
Shelly Errington, Professor, Anthropology
Jessica Fiske Bailey, Asst. Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education
Andrea Gilovich, Curriculum Analyst, Physican & Biological Sciences
Viqui Gonzalez Pagani, Senior SOE Lecturer in Spanish, Language Program
Rafael Granados, Executive Director, UC College Prep Initiative
Pamela Hunt-Carter, University Registrar
Stacey Keleher, Student Records System Analyst, Office of the Registrar
Tracy Larrabee, Professor, School of Engineering
Jim Moore, Asst. Dean, Graduate Studies
Christina Navarro, Undergraduate Affairs Manager, Physical & Biological Sciences
Michael Paxton, Student Representative
Jim Phillips, Director, ITS Learning Technologies
Ruby Rich, Professor, Film and Digital Media
Maria Schonbek, Professor, Mathematics
Phillip Stark, Computer Systems Integration Manager, ITS Learning Technologies
Angie Steele, Lead Digital Media Specialist, ITS Client Relationship Management
Marty Weissman, Assistant Professor, Mathematics Department