The Service Manager has overall accountability for defining the service, ensuring services meet the business need and are delivered in accordance with agreed business requirements, and managing the service lifecycle – often in conjunction with a Service Team.
Service Manager activities include:
- Answer the five service definition questions
- Develop service page for ITS Service Catalog
(Service Catalog page template)
- Identify service team and facilitate team meetings and activities
- Lead service team through initial and annual service reviews; includes ensuring support readiness, if applicable
- Coordinate SLA/OLA creation, reviews, and updates
- Identify and publish service metrics
- Coordinate service retirement activities
- Ensure multiple perspectives are represented in the definition and evolution of services, including customer/business, client, support, technical, policy, and security
- Facilitate communication between service delivery, support, client representatives, and ITS management
Service Team Meetings:
The Service Manager meets regularly with the Service Team -- at a minimum whenever major changes to service levels are proposed, or annually. See "Service Teams" for additional information.
For additional information, to inquire about Service Manager mentoring, or for feedback on this toolkit, please contact Client Services and Security using the ITS Feedback form.