Windows and Mac computers with BigFix installed can receive "offers" from ITS. Offers are actions that allow computer users to perform tasks that otherwise require computing support staff assistance.
The most common reason to use an offer is to install software such as Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat when it is convenient for you. Offers also allow you to install software even if you don't normally have administrative rights to install software.
Offers are viewed and accessed via the IEM Support Center application.
IBM Endpoint Manager Support Center
The IEM Support Center is a program installed on managed computers that:
- displays the offers available to a computer
- enables a computer user to "take action" for specific offers
- displays the progress of running actions
- displays a 30-day history of actions taken
- allows viewing of actions that have been postponed. These actions are the result of user-run offers or actions run remotely by ITS staff.
Opening the IBM Endpoint Manager Support Center
The IEM icon appears in the task bar notification area. Click on the icon to open the IEM Support Center.
The IEM icon appears in the menu bar at the top right of the screen. Click on the icon to open the IEM Support Center.
To view the offers available to run on your computer
- Open the IEM Support Center
- Click on the "Offers" tab at the top of the window
Depending on department, division, and software licensing status, computers will see different combinations of offers or even no offers at all.
Click to open enlarged image in new window:
Accepting Offers / Taking Action
When you are ready to accept an offer and take action
- Select the offer in the Offers list
- Scroll down to the end of the offer description to see options and click on the link to accept the offer.
- The action will then start.
Some actions require downloading software, others may run immediately.