ITS Engineering & Construction Management Services
The Engineering and Construction Management group, part of ITS Core Technologies, is responsible for the UCSC communication-cabling infrastructure and providing the campus with a robust and healthy cable plant. This task is accomplished by conducting the initial review and approval of the communication cabling plans for new buildings and remodels to assure all established cabling standards are in compliance with Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI); quality assurance by monitoring the progress of engineering and construction projects; acting as Core Technologies' representative to contractors and architects; cable trouble analyzing and repair coordination; final inspection and acceptance testing of installed copper and fiber systems; analysis testing of any copper or fiber needed for special projects; and acting as liaison for the customer, and project manager, on small cable projects.
The Engineering and Construction Management group also:
- Provides basic floor plans to customers, contractors and technicians for project design
- Initializes CAD drawing for any cable closet upgrade or changes
- Maintains copper and fiber cabling diagrams
- Provides contractors with jack and cable numbers for all new construction
- Creates initial database import of new horizontal, riser or backbone cabling as it pertains to new construction
- Provides campus units reports analyzing the cabling and jack infrastructure from the Pinnacle database for budgeting or unit relocation needs
To order service, complete the Communications Facilities Project Request form.