October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
The goal of National Cyber Security Awareness Month is to raise awareness about the many technology-related threats we face each day, and to learn how we can better protect our computers, our information and ourselves.
Cyber Security Information - October 2014
- Annual Computer Security Message from VC IT Doyle
- Cyber Security focus areas for 2014. Also look for posters and signs around campus on these topics throughout October:
- Connect Securely: Use eduroam for secure wireless on campus. Use the Campus VPN when connecting to public wireless, like in a coffeehouse.
- Password Security: Make sure your passwords are hard to guess or hack, and keep them secret and secure. More info...
Also use multifactor authentication when possible, like Google’s 2-step verification
- Travel Security: Protect your electronic devices and the information they contain when you’re on the road. More info...
- Secure Disposal: Work with ITS to securely dispose of computers, hard drives, mobile devices, and other electronic equipment that may contain sensitive information. More info...
- Working with different types of data: Know the difference between restricted, confidential, and non-confidential data, and how each should be protected. More info...
- STUDENT INFO: Cyber Security Tips for Students
- CONTEST: Educause's Cyber Security Video and Poster Contest for 2015!
- TRAINING: Information Security Awareness Training
- ARCHIVES: Previous Years' Cyber Security Month Information, articles, signs, etc.
- For technical folks: SANS Internet Storm Center daily cyber security diary articles (entries begin with "CSAM")
Cyber Security Posters
ITS has developed a number of POSTERS designed to raise awareness about various cyber security issues and to promote safer computing.
Shuttle Signs, Dining Hall Flyer, Campus Banner, and Barn Sign - coming to shuttle buses and the base of campus soon!!
Shuttle Bus Poster #1
Shuttle Bus Poster #2
Dining Hall Flyer