October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
The goal of National Cyber Security Awareness Month is to raise awareness about the many technology-related threats we face each day, and to learn how we can better protect our computers, our information and ourselves.
Cyber Security Information 2015
- Message from VC IT Doyle
- Cyber Security tips:
- Protect Your Information - password security pointers
- Know how to deal with phishing and other scams
- Connect with Care - protecting your privacy online
- Keep a Clean Machine - tips for protecting your computer and the information it contains
- Preventing Data Breaches: As many as 35% of data breaches come from Higher Ed. The focus of this cyber security month article is on preventing data breaches and avoiding the scams that often follow major data breaches.
- See below and our poster page for images of cyber security posters and signs from this past October.
- STUDENT INFO: Cyber Security Tips for Students
- TRAINING: Information Security Awareness Training
- Cyber security NEWSLETTERS and TIPS-OF-THE-DAY from SANS
- ONLINE PRIVACY TIPS from StaySafeOnline.org
- Cyber security for medical devices - UCSF webinar (bottom of the page)
- Cyber Security Information Archives
- For technical folks: SANS Internet Storm Center daily cyber security diary articles (October only; entries will begin with "Cyber Security Awareness Month")
Cyber Security Posters
ITS has developed a number of POSTERS designed to raise awareness about various cyber security issues and to promote safer computing.
Shuttle Bus Sign #1
Shuttle Bus Sign #2
Dining Hall Flyer
Banner at the base of campus