Technical Security Alerts & Advisories
The following is the latest information on Internet threats and vulnerabilities.
- US-CERT Alerts: information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits. Alerts are released when there is an issue that affects the general public and outline the steps and actions users can take to protect themselves from attack.
- US-CERT Current Incident List: Summary of the most frequent, high-impact types of security incidents currently being reported to the US-CERT
- SANS Newsbites: Executive summary of important security news
- ISS/X-Force Alerts & Advisories: Information on Internet threats and vulnerabilities
- Internet Storm Center: Distributed Intrusion Detection Report
In response to critical security issues that affect a large portion of the campus community, including critical updates that affect client desktops, the ITS Security Team will send alerts to ITS service providers, along with any specific instructions to address the issue. ITS may also choose to supplement any of these notifications with additional communication as needed. In addition to these general alerts, ITS Security also sends targeted communication when a security issue affects a limited, well-defined population.