Technical Security Alerts & Advisories
The following is the latest information on Internet threats and vulnerabilities.
- CERT Advisories: information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits
- CERT Alerts: Discussions of high-frequency Internet security problems
- SANS Newsbites: Executive summary of important security news
- ISS/X-Force Alerts & Advisories: Information on Internet threats and vulnerabilities
- Internet Storm Center: Distributed Intrusion Detection Report
In response to critical security issues that affect a large portion of the campus community, including critical updates that affect client desktops, ITS Security will send alerts to ITS Divisional Liaisons (DLs), along with any DL-specific instructions. The DLs will tailor the information in these notifications as needed for their constituencies and promptly forward them along. ITS may also choose to supplement any of these notifications with additional communication. In addition to these general alerts, ITS Security also sends targeted communication when a security issue affects a limited, well-defined population.