Web Training and DiY Resources
Our training and resources help you develop and maintain your Web site.
These resources are for users of the Campus WCMS, Web Hosting service, and anyone who builds and maintains a Web site.
This service is for you if:
- You are interested in web training
- You want the tools, scripts, and technical resources used by UCSC web developers
- You want to know about web accessibility tools and policies
How to Request
For WCMS Classroom Training and help with your web site please submit a ticket in IT Request. Assistance and support is available Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. TIP: For quicker response, use the "Web Services" Request Type.
Web services are partially funded through the Information User Assessment and there are no other charges for these services. For more information on the IU Assessment, please see the Information User Assessment information page.
See individual class listings for pricing and availability for additional web training through SHR's Training and Development.
Campus Web Publishing Resources
- Campus WCMS Help Site (how-to articles for users of the Campus WCMS)
- WCMS Classroom Training Schedule
- Web Service FAQs (search "web services" in the Knowledge Base)
- Support for Departmental Template System
Additional UCSC Training Resources
Tools for Effective Web Sites
- Building Effective Web Pages
- Web Accessibility Resources
- Identity Guidelines
- UCSC Web Identity Guidelines
DiY Tools for Web Developers
Tools and do-it-yourself resources for web developers who maintain their own sites.