eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming wireless access service developed for the international research and education community. eduroam is an encrypted (WPA2) wireless service that is available on the UCSC campus.
eduroam allows students, researchers, faculty, and staff from UCSC to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop or supported mobile devices.
For more information on institutions that are members of eduroam, visit the eduroam website.
Before You Begin
- Before you travel, configure eduroam while at your home campus (e.g., UCSC).
- Before starting the configuration, be sure that you:
- Know your CruzID and Blue password.
- Have local admin rights on your computer/device.
- If you have not done so since September 2011, change your CruzID Blue password (your UCSC email password). Instructions
- Before you start the configuration, please contact the ITS Support if you need assistance with any of the above.
For all platforms/devices, your credentials are:
- Username: Your full UCSC email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your CruzID Blue password
Microsoft Windows, MAC OS X 10.5 (Leopard) through 10.10 (Yosemite), iPhone, and iPad:
- Auto Configuration Express Connect Tool
Please note that for Mac OS X, the prompt for your admin login may appear behind other windows, if the installer appears to have stopped, move windows around to see if you can find an authentication window.
- Chromebook Configuration
Please note that if your ChromeBook was procured through and issued by ITS, then it will come to you already configured for eduroam usage and you will receive with the device specific instructions for your use of eduroam. The instructions from the above link therefore apply only to ChromeBooks that were not procured through and issued by ITS.
Other platforms (BlackBerry, Android, Linux, etc.):
eduroam services are subject to the same rules and standards that are followed at UCSC. This includes the IT Policies and Guidelines.