CruzID Account Information
Everyone at UCSC is issued CruzIDs when they are hired or enrolled.
Your CruzID is your UCSC account, sometimes referred to as your username, that gives you access to many services and systems. Your CruzID is also part of your UCSC email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, the "bslug" is the CruzID.
- Staff and faculty are given a CruzID form during their on-boarding hiring process to complete, sign, and return to the ITS Support Center for processing.
- Students are given a CruzID after they submit their application to UCSC. If they decide to attend UCSC, they will use that same CruzID throughout their school years.
Accounts for People Affiliated with UCSC - Sundry Account
If you are affiliated with UCSC, but not a student, staff, or faculty, your sponsor/supervisor may request a Sundry account that gives you a CruzID. Sundry accounts are reviewed annually.
Students receive their CruzID as part of the application process through MyUCSC. Faculty and staff receive their CruzIDs as part of their hiring process. If you have not been informed of your CruzID, contact the ITS Support Center.
How to Change Your CruzID
Under certain circumstances, people with an active CruzID are allowed to request a change as long as they have supervisor approval. Please follow the instructions on this form:
- CruzIDs for all staff employees will be closed when the employee separates from the campus. The employee's unit may contact the ITS Support Center to request an extension or re-enabling of the account if there is a business need for the account to remain open. Supervisors may not access employees’ email accounts after employees leave. Please contact the ITS Support Center for assistance.
- Faculty accounts remain active for 90 days beyond their separation date. The unit may contact the ITS Support Center to request an extension of the account.
- Degree-seeking students retain their CruzID Account (including their UCSC Google email account) for 12 months after they are no longer enrolled at UCSC. Prior to closure of the UCSC email/Google Apps account, students who are eligible for Extended Services, will have the option to forward email sent to their @ucsc.edu account to an email address of their choice. More information about Email Forwarding.
- All prior undergrad and graduate students retain their CruzID and Gold password to access MyUCSC for online academic information.
- Staff and faculty who retire from UCSC are allowed to retain their UCSC Google Apps account as long as they have an account sponsor. It is at the discretion of the department whether retired staff or faculty retain their email account. Retiree accounts come up for renewal every year unless a five year renewal is requested. The department representative needs to submit an online Sundry Request Form.
- Ladder rank faculty (emeriti) upon retirement retain their accounts as professor emeritus for a lifetime.