CruzID Account Information
Everyone at UCSC is issued a CruzID when they are hired or enrolled.
Your CruzID is your UCSC account, sometimes referred to as your username, that gives you access to many services and systems. Your CruzID is also part of your UCSC email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org, the "bslug" is the CruzID.
- Staff and faculty are given an Account Form during their on-boarding hiring process. Forms must be completed with a legal name and CruzID accounts are delivered after entry into the campus payroll systems. Make sure information on the form is legible to ensure quick processing.
- Students are given a CruzID after they submit their application to UCSC. If they decide to attend UCSC, they will use that same CruzID throughout their affiliation with UCSC.
Accounts for People Affiliated with UCSC - Sundry Account
If you are affiliated with the campus, but not a student, staff, or faculty, your sponsor/supervisor may request a Sundry account that gives you a CruzID. Sundry accounts are reviewed annually.
Under limited circumstances people with an active CruzID are allowed to request a CruzID rename. ITS will change CruzIDs for the following reasons: a legal name change, the CruzID forms an inappropriate word, risk of personal harm due to exposure, or at the direction of upper management.
An alternative to changing the CruzID is a Google nickname. Each person with an active CruzID is eligible for one nickname. See http://its.ucsc.edu/email/nickname.html for more information on nicknames. Please be advised that if you have an At Your Service, FIS, and CruzBuy account, you will still be required to use your OLD CruzID for those systems.
http://its.ucsc.edu/google/offboarding.html prior to your last day at the UCSC. More information can be found on the Records Access Notice. linked below.
- CruzIDs for all staff employees will be closed when the employee separates from the campus. The employee's unit may request an extension or re-enabling of the account if there is a business need for the account to remain open. To request an extension, a Sundry Account can be requested here.
Faculty Employees (non-lecturers)
- Faculty accounts remain active for 90 days beyond their separation date. The unit may request an extension of the account by submitting a Sundry Account request form. You will need to login with your CruzID and Gold password to access the form.
- As of May 29, 2013 degree seeking students will retain their UCSC Google (email) account for 12 months after they are no longer enrolled at UCSC. This does not apply to students who were last enrolled prior to winter quarter 2013. Students eligible for Extended Services receive access to many of the same services as when they were enrolled students.
- Students will receive automated messages 60, 30, 14, and 7 days prior to the end of the Extended Service. At the end of Extended Services students continue to have access to MyUCSC indefinitely. Students also are eligible for email forwarding. More information about Email Forwarding
- During the Extended Services period students are eligible to Opt-in and any email sent to their @ucsc.edu account is forwarded to the email account of their choice at the end of the Extended Services period. Active email account holders can forward their email from their @ucsc.edu account at any time. Opting in to email forwarding, after extended services ends is done by submitting a request at ITRequest.ucsc.edu to have your account administratively enable Email Forwarding. More information about Email Forwarding
- All prior undergrad and graduate students retain their CruzID and Gold password to access MyUCSC for online academic information.
- These accounts will not be included in the campuswide email broadcast lists.
- Staff and faculty who retire from UCSC are allowed to retain their UCSC Google Apps account as long as they have an account sponsor. It is at the discretion of the department whether retired staff or faculty retain their email account. Retiree accounts come up for renewal every year unless a five year renewal is requested. The department representative needs to submit an online Sundry Request Form.
- Ladder rank faculty (emeriti) upon retirement retain their accounts as professor emeritus for a lifetime.
Records Access Notice - Additional information on the disposition of and access to records upon separation from employment can be found here: http://its.ucsc.edu/policies/access-notice.html