Software for Faculty/Staff
If you don't see the software you need, please ask ITS Software
Adobe software includes Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Creative Cloud, Contribute, Lightroom, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere and much more
For order and support information for Adobe Software, click here to show
- Download Trial software: Adobe.com/downloads Software has a 5 day trial period
- Purchase for UC computers: Use the Software Order Form
- See the ITS Depot Blog for Creative Cloud purchase info
- Installation Support: Quick Support and BigFix remote installation for UC computers. Contact ITS Software
- Acrobat ETLA: Acrobat ETLA is an annual subscription license available to campus units
- Adobe CLP is under UCOP purchasing agreement
Apple computers arrive with built-in apps including iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
For order and support information for Apple Software, click here to show
ArcGIS by ESRI
ArcGIS is an integrated collection GIS & Mapping software products under site license at UCSC. Annual licenses are available. Software is free for students
For access, order and support information for ArcGIS software, click here to show
- Free for student personal computers: Contact ITS Software (opens IT Request ticket)
- Faculty / Staff & Labs can purchase annual subscription, annual license term: Feb. 1st to January 31st, contact ITS Software for purchase info
- ArcGIS training is free.
- UCSC Center for Integrated Spatial Research, our campus resource
- Ordering, installation & activation support: Contact ITS Software
- ArcGIS is under UC purchasing agreement
Data Rescue by ProSoft
Data Rescue file recovery software is free for university or student owned computers
For download information for Data Rescue software, click here to show
EndNote is bibliography management software that integrates with word processors
For purchase information for EndNote, click here to show
FileMaker is easy database development for Mac and Windows
For order and support information for FileMaker software, click here to show
JMP dynamically links statistics with graphics. JMP is free for UCSC students
For download, support & faculty/research purchase info for JMP software, click here to show
- Faculty/Research purchase JMP for your UC computer: Contact ITS Software
- Faculty/Research license renewal annually in March. Contact ITS Software
- No Administrative use is allowed under our contract
- Prompted to renew your license file? Contact ITS Software
- Download and installation support: Contact ITS Software
- JMP is under UCOP purchasing agreement
LabVIEW by National Instruments
Division of Physical & Biological Sciences now has a departmental license for all LabVIEW software. LabVIEW is the only system design software that provides engineers and scientists with the tools they need to create any measurement and control applications. To access LabView software, click here to show
Maple by Maplesoft
Maple is general-purpose commercial computer algebra software
For order, download & support information for Maple software, click here to show
Mathematica by Wolfram
Mathematica is a computational software program used in scientific, engineering, and mathematical fields and other areas of technical computing
For access, order and support information for Mathematica software, click here to show
- Staff / Faculty: PBSci & UCO/Lick users contact: ITS Software for access
- Subscription renewal in March: Contact ITS Software
- Students: Available in campus labs or order direct from vendor: Mathematica for Students.
- Students: Request a 15% discount code from ITS Software
- Installation support is provided: Contact ITS Software
- Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine
Merlin by Project Wizard
Project Wizard is project management software for OSX
For order information for Merlin software, click here to show
Microsoft software including Office for Mac & Windows, Visio, Project, Windows OS, and server software. For order and support information for Microsoft software, click here to show
- Staff & Faculty: Order for a UC computer using the Software Order Form
- UC participates in MCCA, an annual subscription program.
- Staff/Faculty in MCCA departments have two options for Home Use Office on personally owned computers. Office 365 is free, please see the MCCA page for access info. For $9.95 you can purchase Office 2016 for Mac or Office Pro Plus 2016. Visio & Project 2016 are also available for purchase if your department is licensed for them, contact ITS Software for order details.
- UCSC campus is not enrolled in Office 365 for staff & faculty. Only staff & faculty in MCCA licensed departments have a right to use free Office 365.
- Installation Support: BigFix and Quick Support remote installation for UC computers. Contact ITS Software
- Microsoft is under UCOP purchasing agreement
- OnTheHub has discounted Microsoft software for personally owned computers
Imagine is a Microsoft Program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. For access info, click here to show
- Students, faculty and staff can access MS Imagine Standard software free to teach, develop, support, conduct, or take courses, labs, or programs offered at UCSC. Use must be non-commercial.
- Go to Microsoft Imagine to register and validate your UCSC affiliation.
- Baskin School of Engineering Students can register for MS Imagine Premium here
OmniGraffle is a diagramming application for Mac OS X
For order information for OmniGraffle software, click here to show
On The Hub
On The Hub is an online re-seller of software for your personal computer. Popular titles including Microsoft, Adobe, SPSS, Endnote and Parallels are available at an educational discount.
For purchase information for On The Hub sales, click here to show
Oracle is database, enterprise application and system software in use at UCSC
For order and support information for Oracle software, click here to show
Parallels Desktop for Mac
Software providing hardware virtualization for Mac computers with Intel processors. This software is purchased as an annual subscription.
For order and support information for Parallels Desktop for Mac, click here to show
PPS System Software
3270 is a terminal emulator used to access the Payroll/Personnel Systems (PPS). SSL v3 Secure Telnet is now required to connect to PPS. Options for connecting with SSL v3 depends on your computer operating system. Use the wc3270 for Windows and the Brown tn3270 client for Mac OS X
For download and support information for PPS System, click here to show
R - Statistics
R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics
For download information for R, click here to show
Red Hat Linux
Red Hat is a Linux Operating System with upgrade and patch support
For Redhat order information, click here to show
SAS tools provide traditional statistical analysis of variance and predictive modeling to exact methods and statistical visualization techniques
For order and support information for SAS software, click here to show
- SAS runs on Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7 (but not on Home Basic or Home)
- Students: Request Home Use Rights Compliance Form for free access to SAS for one year. Contact: ITS Software
- Staff / Faculty: Annual subscription licensed each April. Contact ITS Software Depot
- Prompted to renew your SID license file? Contact ITS Software
- Software installation support available. Contact ITS Software
- SAS is under UCOP purchasing agreement
SFTP - Secure File Transfer
SFTP clinets are free and used to provide network file access, file transfer, and file management functionality over any reliable data stream.
For download and support information about SFTP, click here to show
Secure Telnet is a network protocol used on the UCSC area networks to provide a terminal connection.
For download and support information about SSH Telnet, click here to show
Sophos is anti-virus/malware software managed by ITS for UC-owned computers
(not for student use, student anti-virus options)
For download & support information for Sophos anti-virus, click here to show
- Download for UC-owned computer: Windows Sophos
Personally-owned Windows 10, 8, please use the built-in Windows Defender/AV
- Download for UC-owned computer: Mac Sophos for OS X 10.8 and higher
- After installation, Sophos will receive update settings from the campus server.
This may take 10-60 minutes. Please reboot your computer if settings are not received.
- Support is provided for UC-owned computers. Contact ITS Software
- Sophos is under UCOP purchasing agreement
Sun OS software, patching and firmware update support is availabe for campus systems
To purchase support or for more information, click here to show
SPSS is a statistical analysis software program. SPSS is used to generate tabulated reports, charts, and plots of distributions and trends, descriptive statistics, and complex statistical analysis. UCSC has a site license for SPSS through 2018. Faculty and staff access here and students access here
For more information, click here to show
Symantec sells computer security and imaging software for PC
To purchase software or for more information about Symantec, click here to show
Syncovery is back-up software available free for all UCSC faculty, staff & students.
For download links and set up instructions, click here to show
Run multiple operating systems at the same time on a single computer using virtualization. Fusion for Mac or Workstation for Windows.
For purchase or support information for VMware, click here to show
- Fusion for Mac: Download the software with a 30 day Fusion trial from VMware
- Windows OS license is required.
- Workstation for Windows: ownload the software with a 30 day Workstation trial from VMware
- Staff / Faculty: Order using the Software Order Form
- Student & personal computers: Buy from the Bay Tree Bookstore
- Support: Installation support provided for staff/faculty computers. Contact ITS Software